Sunday, March 30, 2008

Master Plan....Or Not?!


So this morning I woke up and had an epiphany! I have always been obsessed with British accents and think it would be very cool if my kids had accents. So I have a master plan...I will start talking to them only in my best British accent (if you have ever heard it, then you know my best is pretty awful), but at least they will have somewhat of an accent. So I told Travis my plan and he had the audacity to laugh at it and say "this is only something Kika would think of", although I was HIGHLY offended I carried on with my masterful plan. I started talking to Kaden and he looked at me very oddly but didn't do much but listen. Finally I talked to him about Harry Potter and he said Harry Potter in a fairly good British accent (I knew it would work). Sadly, after about 10 minutes I got sick of trying to talk in an accent and began to even get annoyed with myself (poor Travis). So I guess talking like a normal American will have to do...for the time being!
Also...Kaden's third b-day is coming up and we are taking him and some of his little friends to Chuck E. Cheese. So the last couple of days of planning have been driving my crazy because all I can think about is "What is Chuck's middle name"? If anyone knows, I would very much appreciate a little insight or else I just might have to contact corporate!

4 comments:

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

just start reading them Shaekspearrrrr and it will come naturally. It did for me at least =)

I went ahead and did some intense Google research for you on your quandary of the "E" in chuck E. Cheese, and collected the following hypotheses:

HP100 says: " I think the E stands for Evil, since that's what I think of the place. It's Las Vegas for little kids." (I concur by the way)


Eva the diva says: "E. Stands for Eat"

Emily Dew thought she would be a REAL punster and say: "Enormous ... or in his case Enormouse."

But the TRUE and REAL meaning of E means . . . ENTERTAINMENT. . . .
Chuck E. Cheese's is a chain of family entertainment centers. The concept centers around a basic sit-down pizza restaurant, complemented by arcade games, small rides, animatronic characters, and other popular diversions for young children such as climbing equipment, tubes, and giant slides. Its logo and mascot, Chuck E. Cheese, is an anthropomorphic mouse (before a 1995 "facelift", the Chuck E. Cheese character was identified as a rat). The "E" in Chuck E. Cheese stands for entertainment.

Katrina said...

You are so funny. I can totally picture you talking to your kids with an accent and it cracks me up. You are so cute!

jocelyn said...

I'm dying. I feel like you would be such a fun mom. Lucky kids! Chuck Entertainment Cheese was my favorite place when I was little, but we went there for Brady's niece's b-day party last year and it made me want to kill myself. You're nice for enduring that for what I'm sure will be a fabulous birthday party!

Becca said...

you're hilarious. I'd love to see you talking to your kids in a fabricated accent, simply because you think it's cool. I'm glad you're still the same jessica from high school :)