Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A little good and a little bad...

ok...so 2 major things happened this last week, one great and one not so good. I'll start with the bad. On Thursday I missed class and took Kaden to a birthday party for one of his friends from nursery. As we were leaving he started being really mean to me (yes and I am aware that he is 2). Lately Kaden has been talking back to me so much, it's not all the time but I can't get him to stop. So I locked myself in my room, I figured this was better than beating him:) After the kids went to bad I cried for literally 3 hours because I was just having one of those moments where I feel like a failure as a mom. I cried so hard I gave myself on of the worst migraines I thought Travie was going to have to take me to the hospital! Travis stayed up talking to me until 2:00 in the morning, and I am so grateful that I have an amazing husband who's sole purpose seems to be wanting me to be happy. End of bad story, I know it doesn't seem that bad, but it was a minor nervous breakdown (I believe that all moms are allowed at least 2 a year)!.



The good news...so many of you don't know that Travis - and me - have been having doubts about him going to medical school for the last year. We have told very few people because we just don't want to talk about it! We have been constantly praying and about a month ago we were at the temple and I recieved a semi-answer saying HAVE PATIENCE! Well Heavenly Father and I don't really see eye-to-eye on the whole patience thing, but seeing that fact that He is all knowing I decided to trust His judgment. So this past week I think Travis' - and my - prayer's were answered. All of these things just started to lay out right before us, it was like Travis' career path was being thrusted upon us! So after a lot of praying, and I mean A LOT of praying, we are 98% sure where our lives are headed. Sorry, I know this is annoying, but I don't want to say until we are 100% sure. My new answer when people ask about what Trav wants to do is "We are planning on being homeless". I still have little knots in my stomach and probably will until Travis is 100% sure, but I feel as if a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders! After I decided to just be patient and have faith, sure enough things just happened. I am so grateful for all of my friends who support Travis and I in everything we do! And just remember, I am counting on your hospitality when we are homeless!:) These are just a couple of pictures taken recently of the kiddlings!








7 comments:

Brandi Lyn said...

I feel like i can hear you talking when you write! You make me laugh SO hard you know that?? You are such an amazing person. :) I want to hear all about your fun and exciting stories! And i have to admit...i thought you were prego before i kept reading your comment. lol.

You have so much faith and strength kika, we are so blessed to have you guys as close friends. We love you both and are praying for you as well. :)


um...CALL me!

jenorme said...

I am so glad to have access to your stories now. You are hilarious. I had a similar breakdown with Taylor when she was 2 yrs. old. She was sassy and would run to her room and open and slam the door thousands of times when she got in trouble. I don't think anyone has pushed my buttons like she did...Sheldon is a close second though. :) Love ya...You are definitely not a failure as a parent...You are an Unsell which makes it impossible!

Mallory said...

You guys can come live with us when you're homeless. I think the 7 of us could make 1100 square feet of living space work don't you? We need to get together soon. I need my Kika fix.

Brandi Lyn said...

I got your message. You are hilarious! Sorry i didn't answer i was feeding Nicci and she was a bit emotional and needed all my attention. :)

So you guys are moving in huh? lol. The 2 rooms have already been taken tho...1 room is going to be Seth's office, and the other is going to be my sewing/craft room! But you could all bunk in with Nics, i'm SURE she wouldn't mind!! You're too cute. When are you moving back here?? Suzie is already on her way. You should follow in her footsteps. We all want you here...maybe if we wish hard enough it will happen.

About this next week. We would LOVE to see you guys. What do you want to do? We'll still be in moving mode, but we are down for whatever. Seth is still talking about that Ambien challenge...hmmmm...ideas?

lol. we love you. And we're so excited to see you!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Keeks,

Next time Kaden gives you lip, you have him call Aunt Suz and I will set him straight. I agree with Brandi, I can totally hear you talkign when I read your stories. I find my self speedimng up and slowing down, just as you would if we were in person. I love it.

Congrats on finding your chi. But seriouslly, I am happy "the eagle has landed" and you guys can be excited about where you're headed. You NEEEED to apply to the school in LV too. i know you want to stay in Reno, but I NEEEED you to live by me. If I had you and Jenny in the same city as me . . . I would need reverse collagen treatments to diminish my perma-grin, and a life supply of Depends becasue I would pee my pants all day.

Natalie Day's husband got accepted there (Tyler Gubler).

Love you

Kiesel Klan said...

You can bite mine if I can bite yours. Especially Sadie's cheeks. I'm very interested in hearing what you guys are going to do. SO HURRY UP AND MAKE IT FINAL ALREADY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

cute