Sunday, May 18, 2008

Earthquakes, Finals, and Floods... Oh My!




So I know that it has been awhile since I have been on here but I come with great excuses! I'm sure many of you have felt or seen on the news that there have been lots of earthquakes in Reno lately...they have actually started to die down, but these pictures were taken when we got a really big one(4.7), and it kind of messed up our house! Mind you everything you see on the floor was actually not there to begin with.

















The next part of my title is about my finals! I'm done!!!! Yes 6 years later and I am graduated! "It takes lots of people 7 years to graduate"

"Yea, they're called doctors"

I have seriously wanted to quit sooo many times, but when I got married at 19, everyone said I wouldn't finish, which was a little motivation, and then when I had Kaden, people said I for sure would not graduate! Well I would like to thank these people because without them...I would not have graduated!!! It feels really good to be done, but I keep thinking "what do I do now?" - Travis just tells me I get to be a MOM! I'll try to post pictures later in my gown - I got a lot of crap for not walking, but I plan on having a fake ceremony which I am really excited about!


Now - with finals, my parents in town, and Sadie being sick, it has been crazy around here! But when it rains it pours! We got a call from our neighbor down stairs that he came home and his bathroom was flooded- but that it was actually our bathroom that flooded, so he ran upstairs (lucky for us he is the maintenance guy and has a key) and turned off the water. I had just done the laundry which was all over our very wet floor! We had to keep fans going for four days, and to be honest it still feels wet on some places and our house now has a wonderful mildewy smell...you should all come visit, it's really very lovely! Sadie really liked these fans and would sit in front of them for like 10 minutes...it was actually quite funny since these are some serious fans~



In the end-the Jensen's have made it through better people in the end. I think Heavenly Father has to give people a strong dose of reality every so often just to keep us in check! We love you all and hope your month was not quite as exciting as ours!

3 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

You found us I see! Ut was so good to see you guys on Saturday! Coming back makes us really miss that ward. We will have to have you guys over sometime this summer to bbq! Take care!

Mallory said...

Saturday was so much fun. We should do that more often. Especially now that you're a graduate and have more free time!

Kiesel Klan said...

HOLY CRAP!!! you have been been thrown through the ringer! so when are you going to post about what you have decided to do with your lives. you had a post like a year ago saying you guys had found some direction in life but you were waiting to tell everyone and still no word. what's up?