Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You know what really hurts...

So Sunday was a really, really, really bad day in the Jensen Family! Kaden has been driving me nuts lately - he's just been having a really hard time listening and I don't know what to do! So Travis has church meetings pretty much every Sunday, so I get the kids ready and hurry out the door to go play the organ. Kaden was so naughty throughout sacrament meeting that afterwards I took him in a room and just started crying. He then started crying to and told me sorry. I felt bad that he felt bad so I started crying harder (you get the picture). It was just one of those days where you think everyone is looking at you and thinking how bad your kid is - and I just felt like a bad mom!
Anyway, when we got home I kinda had a little breakdown! I was telling Kaden that he HAS to start listening and I was complaining that I always have to get the kids ready (basically I was having a temper tantrum). I punched my hand forward (I tend to talk with my hands) and all of the sudden my arm flew out of the socket...yes I dislocated my shoulder. I started screaming and Travis was like "What happened" then he looked at my arm and was like "oh my gosh!" I took a couple of deep breaths and then with my left arm I shoved my right arm back in the socket...let me tell ya, that does not feel good! So it's been two days and I can barely move my arm (just put it this way, Travis has to do Everything for me). I have mastered putting on my own shirt and pants!!! I can only pick Sadie up with my left arm, and I am just wishing it would start feeling better!
SO the moral of this story is...don't throw fits and your arm won't come out of the socket!

15 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am sorry about you bad day and your arm. I know I have had days like that too. They are the worst. I hope you feel better soon.

Kiesel Klan said...

K sad as all that is.....it's still freakin' hilarious cause for some reason I can totally see it happening. The crying with Kaden isn't funny and I know cause I have totally been there but the socket thing you have to admit is pretty funny. But I do hope you feel better and I'm so sorry.

Karrasch Clique said...

Wow! I had to laugh a little, I know that is not nice, but really! Sorry that you are having such a bad time. And I hope your arm gets better soon!

Nick and Serina said...

I'm so sorry Jessica!! I with I could be there to help you. I sure miss you! At least you have good insurance. If you ever need you migraines massaged out, I'm here for you.

Katrina said...

You poor thing! I am so sorry you had a day like this. I think sometimes crying in front of your kids helps though. My kids always feel sooo bad and are usually good after. I can't believe you hurt your shoulder. I did laugh a little. Sorry. I hope you can start doing things for yourself soon!

Summer and Hunter said...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68652325

Check this out-it will only take one arm and will make you feel much better :)

Liz Maile said...

You poor thing. Try and take it east, I know that is REALLY hard with 2 kids though. Feel better

jocelyn said...

trust me...i'm a crazy lady sometimes too and i'm really lucky i've never done that. it's hard to be upset and not use your hands/arms right? i'm sad for you though!

Cody and Jen said...

Love the story. I could just imagine it. Thanks for the great advice to not throw a temper tantrum. Hopefully you are feeling a lot better.

The Petersen Twins said...

LOL! Thats when xanax can help out a lot!

Hey you gatta check out this Ode-To-Mothers post my couin did called 'Job Title.' It's worth the read.

jenorme said...

You are such a spaz! I love you! I got the first version of this story from Susie and she plays a good Jessica, let me tell you. :) I am taking your advice into consideration since I have had a couple of close calls myself. I hope your arm feels better soon.

I'm sorry you are in the "fun" stage with Kaden. Taylor was my kid that sent me to tears several times at church and after grocery shopping. Sheldon had to sit with her in her Sunbeam class for 6 weeks per her teacher's request. Good times! She has grown out of it though and Kaden will too.

P.S. I need to be copied on your musical masterpieces. I am a huge fan!

jenorme said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Niels and Susie Jensen said...

I do play a good Jessica. You should come to Las Vegas and see it sometime. (Me being manipulative again trying to use every ploy possible to get you here.)

Janae Walker said...

poor baby! sorry about all that! i know what it feels like to be overloaded...just taking it a step at a time. that's what i have to do! good luck with the arm!

Iverson Family said...

Hi,
So fun to see you at the park yesterday! It has been a really long time huh?
Well see you next Wed. and make sure to keep in touch. Blogging is the best huh??
Lindsay Iverson