

I would be lying if I said that I started laughing and thought it was soooo funny, but rather I broke down crying. I didn't even take these pictures because I was so upset. You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you've lost your wallet...yes dramatic comparison, but true. Luckily Travis understands that I am psychotic and was very nice and patient. I had to lock Kaden in his room because I knew that if I killed him I would regret it later.... much later (just kidding, sort of). I took her immediately to Snip-its and the first thing they asked, "Has she always had shorter hair?" To my utter amazement and embarrassment I started tearing up again and explained that it was past her shoulders. They were nice enough not to laugh at me (or maybe they were just scared?!?). I also explained that this is hard for me because I take great care to do her hair everyday. The hair lady asked me if Sadie minded blow dryers and I said "Umm... I blow dry her hair with a round brush" and then she said "oh so you really do do her hair. I can see why you have such an emotional attachment." So twenty minutes, painted fingernails, and twenty-five dollars we left much more satisfied than when we arrived. I went immediately to Claire's and bought bow clips that would cover up the botched up side where he snipped her pony tail off. She now has an interesting layered look in the back.


After a very emotional day (please stop laughing) - here is the finished result. I think I might try flipping it out but we'll see :)




16 comments:
I'm sorry but I really did burst out laughing when I saw the picture of Sadie with her pony stub. She is really cute though. At least she's got that going for her. I should really be more proactive about doing Lucy's hair. Sometimes she reminds me of a wild monkey.
Hey just notices Sadie's ears. Are they pierced?! I have been wanting to get Lucy's pierced but I just don't want her to freak out when they pull out the giant gun. How did it go for you two?
OOH! That stinks. She's still adorable!!!
I really wasn't going to laugh because I have 3 girls with long hair and I would have thrown up, BUT then I saw the pic of Saide just hanging out innocently with a sucker in her mouth like it was no biggie. I lost it, she's adorable.
P.S. I will one up you and tell you that a lady in my last ward had to have her daughter's head shaven after she tried to cut her own hair and people thought she had been thru chemo and made comments on what a brave little girl she was. ;)
Sorry, spelled Sadie wrong. Typo.
Oh Jessica, I am so sorry. Blake would nearly be killed too. I am obsessed with Kalli's hair since Blake had none, it's precious to me! It will thankfully grow back pretty fast!
Im sorry keeka, but that is the hardest I have laughed in a long time. More so because I could just visualize you FREAKING out and locking your son in his room. Oh, I love you. Good thing it looks cute!
Oh man, Im so sorry. If its any comfort, I didnt laugh. I wanted to kill Kaden for you. Probably wouldn't be primary president much longer though. She still looks adorable, but I do know how much you loved her hair. It will grow back, no worries.
Sorry about the haircutting, but I think she looks adorable.
-Katie
I would have cried too. I am not looking forward to the day when this happens in my home.
I think it was time for an updated look anyway. Her hair was so 2008. I'm sure we'll all look back on this and laugh when Kaden's a professional stylist someday.
And the picture of her getting her hair (professionally) cut is gorgeous, by the way.
I'm so sorry Jessica! Kaden's job on her hair was better then the one I did to my own hair (under A BLANKET) when I was 2 or 3. At least she still looks like a girl. When my mom was at church with me after I got it fixed by a stylist, visitors kept asking my mom why her little boy was in a dress!!!! Sadie's hair cute looks cute and she totally looks like you. The nice thing about hair is the is grows back. Good luck!
Ya, Serena gave me a "haircut" when I was younger too. But I don't think my mom cared. As long as we weren't killing eachother. Sadie still looks very adorable. Just pray when she grows up that she doesn't pull a Britney Spears...
Oh, I would cry actual tears. I'm so sorry.
Patrick clipped one little lock of Kennedy's hair when she was about three months old. I almost killed him for that. If he cut off all her hair....oh, it would not go well for him.
Good thing she's adorable anyway. Good luck waiting for it to grow back.
Hi Jessica, The girls told me about Sadie's haircut. I thought it would be alot worse. She is so cute it doesn't matter what her hair looks like. Julie Neibaur
you are so cute. i can't say i blame you one bit. i can't imagine how i would feel! can i just tell you in that last picture i want to squish her though? she looks so cute with her new haircut. i literally was loling when you said you blow dry her hair with a round brush. hahaha. i used to do that to my niece when she was like 3 and my family thought i was crazy.
Post a Comment