Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Lost In Austen"

So for those you know me quite well, know that I have an obsession with period movies, books and anything like that! I also have a very deep love (obsession) for Jane Austen novels. While searching on my netflix that streams in on my xbox, I saw a movie that was titled "Lost in Austen" so naturally I had to watch it. A girl, Amanda, from modern day England switches places with Elizabeth Bennett from "Pride and Prejudice" - While trying to make sure the novel goes as written, she ends up changing a very many things! I LOVED IT! I forced Travis to watch (which he did while also watching football playoffs), and since then I have spent the last three days Austen obsessed. I am reading "Pride and Prejudice" for the millionith time, I watched the movie of it, I also watched Emma, and then to top it off "Becoming Jane"...next stop "Mansfield Park" - so all in all I need help (admitting is the first step).





So for any Austen fans like myself that read my blog - I know I have some (Kristen) - what is your favorite Austen novel?

4 comments:

jenorme said...

I am running to the movie store right after this comment! I love Austen and have read Pride and Prejudice at least 5 times in the last year. I also love Sense and Sensibility. Great, now I am going to unleash my obsession. Thanks!

Norby Family said...

You know what's funny? I also have this on my instant streaming list on Netflix, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. You can't beat Pride and Prejudice but I also love Emma. I couldn't stand S&S and Mansfield Park was drab. Oh how I miss you.
Although I have heard that Pride and Prejudice and ZOmbies is pretty darn good, you'll have to read it and let me know!

Catherine Faux said...

Have you ever seen North and South? That movie and Pride and Prejudice are my favorites (Though North and South is not an Austen movie). North and South is on Netflix instant play as well. I wished we lived closer too! It's always been a dream of ours to move into somebody's basement.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.