Monday, August 11, 2008

Breaking Dawn Concert and White Water Rafting!

To start with the most important----While I chose to go white water rafting with the YW instead of go to the breaking Dawn concert, my cousin and sister-in-law kept texting me pictures the entire time so that i would feel like I was there - they texted me in front of the building, getting their wrist bands...
Stephenie on stage, and even standing in line to get their books signed.
They were able to get my book signed too and I am so excited!

They told Stephenie Meyer that I wanted to be there but couldn't so I sent my book...she said "OH Thank You" - so pretty much Stephenie and I are best friends now!

Thanks so much Erin and Erica! You guys are the best and I love you both sooooo much! I appreciate you letting me live vicariously through you for a night!


So....The last few days I had the oppurtunity to go white water rafting with the Young Women. It was a blast! But let me tell ya...my arms hurt but suprisingly my butt hurts the most! We were rafting for about 6 hours (20 miles). One of my young women fell out of the boat and the current took her town another trail where there were lots of rocks. So she was scared out of her mind and I was so nervous! I felt like it was one of my own kids in there. She toughed it out and came back on the boat after a few minutes and a few scratches later. I will try to get pictures, but obviously I could not take my camera on because of the chances of it getting lost and of course wet, but some people had underwater cameras~
Our first night camping I thought it would be funny to go and scare the girls...it was the highlight of my weekend (yes I know I am a leader and should be the mature one)!!!! They freaked out and threatened to get me back, but of course they couldn't!
Anyway..I am very happy to be home and back in my bed!



7 comments:

Norby Family said...

I didn't know you gave up your tickets, what a great person you are! I want to know which girl fell in. Sounds like a fun weekend though.

The Petersen Twins said...

OK, so how many times have you read the last book? I'm a little scared about your grip on 'reality'. This may come as a shock, but there are no such things as vampires, or shapeshifter, or half vampires. It may take some time and a few meetings to get you back to normal but I believe you can do it!

Also, tell Erin to get a blogspot! I wannna leave rude comments on her page as well. :)

Jensen Family said...

What...vampires aren't real???!!!???

Jamie said...

Yes they are.

Jamie said...

Who fell out?!

Jensen Family said...

Rachel Carter...and it was not pretty! She got really really scared (as to be expected)

Summer and Hunter said...

Rachel fell out?? Oy vay. That is fabulous that you scared them. You are the coolest YW leader ever. That must have been really fun. Not fun enough for me to go, due to, you know-nature, but one of those "fun for you" situations. I would have just pretended to paddle the whole time.