So I have been meaning to do an update post on Connor, but just have been too busy! So at 3:30 in the morning I thought "Hey, I'm actually awake by myself so no one can bug me"! Connor is doing really well...two night ago he slept through the night for the first time which almost made me break out in song and dance! He just had a doctor's appointment and she said he looks good, he just needs to gain some weight. He weighs 8 pounds now which we were excited to see! It's pretty funny though because EVERYWHERE I go people are like "oh, a newborn baby" or like when the lady cutting Kaden's hair said "Did you just come from the hospital?"...my answer is always "Actually he's 4 months old, but he was early - not way early he just had lots of complications...but he's doing good and...(yawn)" you get the point. I don't know why or when I became that woman who feels the need to give the whole story when people really don't care. I think it must be because when people ask me how early and I say only a month, it just doesn't give how much of a textbook preemie Connor was in every other way. He is a great baby and I am excited for when he catches up to all his other friends around his age. My friend Kristin made me laugh when I told her how much he weighs, she said "you are so lucky - you get to have a newborn for like a year!"...I don't minding having a newborn as long as he keeps up the good sleeping!
3 comments:
It's like when you get a puppy and you wish they could stay in their puppy cuteness for as long as possible. He is totally rockin his newborn cuteness!
I am happy I am not missing out on him growing up like I have with Sadie and Kaden ;) Can't wait to squeeze the man when I come in a couple months. did I tell you I was coming? Well, I am.
He is so cute! I'm glad that he is doing good. How are you handling 3 kids???
Post a Comment